BiggedyBong Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 22nd, 2017, 1:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
BiggedyBong Forum „Week beginning 8/5/06„

BiggedyBong Forum
   biggedybong
   The Mark Radcliffe Board
(Moderators: Chaddy, Erotic_Baubles)
   Week beginning 8/5/06
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Week beginning 8/5/06  (Read 2635 times)
Spudgun
Biggedybong God

Get yer trousers on son...YOU'RE NICKED!!!.

Re: Week beginning 8/5/06
« Reply #45 on: May 11th, 2006, 1:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oh yes & shes loverly.

Huh Huh shop window!.
IP Logged

When i go I want to go like my Grandad...peacefully in his sleep.
Not like his passengers screaming & shouting "WAKE UP PLEASE!"
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #46 on: May 11th, 2006, 2:33pm »

Mark's "Echo & The Buttymen" sandwich bar chain suggestion is good, but might lead to a rash of copycat imitation...

"Ego & The Battymen", supplier of bespoke clothing to West Indian gays;
"F.A. & The Runnymen", a company supplying pitch-side toilet facilities at Spurs matches;
"Kendodd & The Diddymen", a goggle-eyed comedian with a sti----- oh no, that one's been done
IP Logged

senior moment
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #47 on: May 11th, 2006, 2:54pm »

Mark's show is worth listening to just for the "Yeeeeees" put-downs after Evans trailers.
IP Logged

senior moment
Celebrity Sheep
Biggedybong God

« Reply #48 on: May 11th, 2006, 7:11pm »

on May 11th, 2006, 1:09am, vegibacon wrote:

Is there a BB affair going on here, and if so is helen a selfish lover. Shocked

Eh?
IP Logged

I wandered, lonely
A-a-a-a-a-as a cloud
You pinched that off Wordsworth
Isn't that allowed?
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #49 on: May 12th, 2006, 9:13am »

What was that sampling rubbish Mark started with last night? "Avalanches" - anyone any the wiser?
IP Logged

senior moment
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #50 on: May 12th, 2006, 10:03am »

I sat with my mouth opening wider, as it stumbled from one idea to another, trying everything and achieving nothing; I will force myself to listen again to see if I can detect anything of merit.

.... no, nothing. This, Prince, and the promise of Noddy, do I have the strength to go on?
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2006, 10:10am by Mike Bond » IP Logged

senior moment
Jocksy S
Biggedybong God

"Today, I saw an apple in my head"

« Reply #51 on: May 12th, 2006, 10:27am »

Frontier Pyschiatrist by The Avalanches is genius.

It's only one record.

Alot of talking points might have emerged from last night's show.

1) Radio review idea? It's nice that DJ Radcliffe has taken note of TheBunny, Jock Seagull, Lorraine from Leiston and Sean from the Kingdom of Fife's points, especially the point about ~10% of all shows feature Noddy. However, there was a signal that it might not come to anything: if Noddy is so interested in John Fogerty and CCR, why didn't he listen to the radio to hear more (we can't all hear every show but if it means so much to you, you might tune in, furthermore, it's probably quite selfish to then interview the presenter about the interview with John Fogerty)?

2) Did you know the second UK plaque unveiled in honour of a great moment in pop was for Slade?

3) On the BAFTAs, there was certainly no need to discuss this, especially to discuss it in the way Noddy did, with the gossip and the slagging off people's appearances. I wanted to listen to the radio not read a copy of Heat or OK or the like. I liked Mark's reference to the SONYs and "surprises".

4) Did you know the second UK plaque unveiled in honour of a great moment in pop was for Slade?

5) Soaps?  

6) Did you know the second UK plaque unveiled in honour of a great moment in pop was for Slade?

7) Long boring trailers for radio nonentities.

8 ) The Crucial 3 was poor, are those really the best three tracks in the world under 2 minutes long?

I don't think it was a bad show, it was quite okay, I don't share the rage over Noddy that some of you do, but I think there are some idiosyncracies that need to be looked at.

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2006, 9:56pm by Jocksy S » IP Logged

Save the house sparrow.
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #52 on: May 12th, 2006, 12:21pm »

1) I'll believe it when I hear it; they'll talk telly too. Mark will sit and sigh "Yeah.... really.... oh...." and then cut Noddy down with a line like "how does it take so much talent to produce so much rubbish, it's all rubbish". Brilliant - why doesn't Noddy take the hint? Mark likes all the shows Noddy doesn't. He's not a sidekick, more a sideswipe.
3) I thought Jamie Oliver was already (be)knighted.
5) Continuing Couchpotatofodder Award might be better.
2) 4) and 6) I do now.
7) But we need to know that Chris's show is on! I like Mark's line on Billie Piper, now "she's not married to yer man Evans", big up the R11 colleague!
8} Where were Napalm Death?
IP Logged

senior moment
Erotic_Baubles
Admin

Will trade Fifa coins for food.

« Reply #53 on: May 12th, 2006, 12:51pm »

I thought the fashion critique coming from a man known for wearing tartan flares (Flairs?) and top hats was amusing enough. Probably not what was intended, mind.
IP Logged
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #54 on: May 12th, 2006, 8:50pm »

Today's Guardian's radio review is not intended for Biggedybong readers of a nervous disposition...

Earlier this week, Radio 1 won Station of the Year at the Sony awards. Tune in these days and you hear a station with a strong, almost cocky, sense of identity and music to match. The weekday line-up is the finest in living memory, and includes high-profile female presenters. You only need to look at Radio 2's daytime schedule, or the list of Sony Award winners, to see how rare this is.  

Jo Whiley, for example, quietly gets on with her music-packed, sunny show each morning. Like the much-feted Zane Lowe, she has impeccable taste in music and such boundless enthusiasm that it's impossible to listen without scribbling down the details of a new track or artist she has introduced you to. I like her big sister mode, especially when talking to nervous listeners, and the behind-the-scenes glimpses of her job that she weaves into her chat. Yesterday, the breakfast show team had broadcast from her studio, a fact that quite discombobulated her. "Nothing feels right," she wailed, "it smells a bit funny". It took two rather brilliant tracks before her equilibrium was restored.
IP Logged

senior moment
Erotic_Baubles
Admin

Will trade Fifa coins for food.

« Reply #55 on: May 12th, 2006, 10:42pm »

Is it legal to employ children to write newspaper articles? It is very funny though. And if I were the dastardly 1FM playlist clerk I'd be a bit peeved when the djs get credited as having impeccable music taste.
IP Logged
pixiedancer
Biggedybong Senior Member

Fancy a Brew?

« Reply #56 on: May 12th, 2006, 11:08pm »

Vic McGlynn? She's great she is!  Grin
IP Logged

...Michael Hunt, he's a butcher from Collihurst...
R_J
Biggedybong God

« Reply #57 on: May 13th, 2006, 9:02am »

The Avalanches, what a great record, I have actually heard it before, one of the best he's started with.  

The bunny got referred to as 'he' I think. I find that quite interesting as I have texted Vic and run out of space and only enough room was left for an initial and she referred to me as he, not even a thought of saying he or she.

Marc quite rightly had a dig at Mark Thomsons statement that 6Music should be encouraging more female listeners (by saying 'hello foxy ladies'). I find  it a bit insulting that we would be blamed for the dumming down of the station as someone said on the 6Music board.  
I don't know how new presenters would help, who are these new presenters going to be? I watched Russell Brand on Jonathan Ross' show last night and he didn't even mention 6Music he was only talking about big brother's big mouth. That doesn't suprise me as Jonathan has said things about 6 Music that I don't agree with. During one of his weekly putting down the man who pushes all the buttons moments he said to Andy a couple of minutes after playing a trail that Marc was on, something like "you should be grateful, a lot of people would like your job, what about that Marc Riley floating around over on 6Music i'm sure he would be glad to be on here" AS IF!!!!!

They probably only got Russell on for extra publicity and he didn't even mention the staion!

I liked Noddy saying that the audience didn't listen at the Baftas. strange he would notice!

Solarman, I liked the "yer man evans" thing too why should they all suck up to each other? I remember when Mark and Noddy took over from Chris Evans on the children in Need night and Chris said - after asking unsucessfuly if anyone wanted to come for a drink - "i 'm off on my own" Mark said ' "you should be used to that "  

Mark saying that he 'll catch up with the soaps on listen again was great too.

« Last Edit: May 13th, 2006, 9:19am by R_J » IP Logged
R_J
Biggedybong God

« Reply #58 on: May 13th, 2006, 9:26am »

Jock, I forgot to say that I agree about the John Fogerty thing, I love him, but not enough to listen!
IP Logged
Mike Bond
Biggedybong God

Limited edition

« Reply #59 on: May 13th, 2006, 9:42am »

Am I fortunate to be ignorant of the Russell Brand creation, until last night that is, when I happened on his and Dermot O'Leeeeery's Big Brother Froth trailer. Obviously laddd culture hasn't had the last drops squeeeezed out of it just yet. Obviously fancy themselves, what are they doing on radio then? (In the case of yer man Evans: necessity after recent TV failures!)
IP Logged

senior moment
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

BiggedyBong Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.