BiggedyBong Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 17th, 2017, 10:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
BiggedyBong Forum ¥Biggedy, biggedy... gone? 6Music news!¥

BiggedyBong Forum
   biggedybong
   General Chat
(Moderators: Erotic_Baubles, Chaddy)
   Biggedy, biggedy... gone? 6Music news!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Biggedy, biggedy... gone? 6Music news!  (Read 4319 times)
Erotic_Baubles
Admin

Will trade Fifa coins for food.

Biggedy, biggedy... gone? 6Music news!
« on: Feb 26th, 2010, 7:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

And BBC Asian netwoik. Both might be getting the chop and BBC Radio 7 to get redecorated according to a leaked BBC document.

At a glance: 'leaked' BBC Review

Quote:
A strategic review proposing wide-ranging changes to the BBC's programming and services appears to have been leaked to The Times newspaper.

The BBC has made no comment about its alleged contents, which detail a number of cost-cutting measures designed to save £600 million.

Here are brief summaries of what The Times says would happen in different areas of the corporation, along with commentary from the BBC's media correspondent Torin Douglas.

The great Digital Experiment to entice viewers and listeners away from analogue broadcasting was massively skewed towards quantity not quality. For every Mint! there's a George Lamb. For every Vic McGlynn there's them two dance music wimmin. They got away with it on the telly but the plan seems to be failing on the radio. I would guess DAB has been undermined to some extent by the rise of mp3 players.

Perhaps both main BBC radio stations have suffered a bit too for having less variation in their music with the more eclectic stuff and minority broadcasting getting their own station.

Personally I'd go in two completely different directions. For radio, 1FM and Radio 2 sound not all that different to commercial stations without the adverts so set them free to stand on their own rather than squishing two minor stations to save a relative few pennies. They seem to be very well liked by the music industry but is that the BBC brand and subsidised audience or the presenters and 'sound' of the stations?

For telly scrap BBC3 and 4 and have them as a "BBC1 and 2 from an hour earlier'.
IP Logged
Celebrity Sheep
Biggedybong God

Re: Biggedy, biggedy... gone? 6Music news!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2010, 9:22pm »

I would find a world without Marc Riley to be a dull and depressing place. No M&L, no Mint and now no show with no name. However, if he were to go to a commercial station, I'd find it unbearable to listen. The same crap records night after night, with ads for curry houses and carpet sellers and talking all over the start and end of records.  
IP Logged

I wandered, lonely
A-a-a-a-a-as a cloud
You pinched that off Wordsworth
Isn't that allowed?
DC
Biggedybong God

zoiks!!!1

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15th, 2010, 4:46pm »

i still think he should team back up with radcliffe.
IP Logged

random craig.
Spudgun
Biggedybong God

Get yer trousers on son...YOU'RE NICKED!!!.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2010, 8:27pm »

Ten reasons I listen to my Radio.

1. Marc Riley.
2. Other 6 Music output....Collins & Herring are a breath of fresh air after the dross of Adam & Joe..possibly the most unfunny people since Sue Perkins.
3. Mark Lamarr on BBCR2 on a Friday night.
4.Terry Wogan on a Sunday....a guilty pleasure that makes me smile.
5.The News Quiz on BBCR4.
6.The Now Show on BBCR4.
7.I'm Sorry I havn't a clue BBCR4.
8.Ed Reardons week on BBCR4 & other C. Douglas masterpieces.
9.News & current affairs that isn't spoon fed to you on BBCR4.
10.Many other quality Docs & comedies on BBCR4.

At a time when that smug turnip headed c... Anfrew Lloyd Webber has a Saturday night show to prop up his already over inflated ego, not to mention I'll host any old sh!t Graham Norton, & the BBC still insist on spending good money on manure like Eurovision they decide to close BBC6 Music.
Come on all you in your overpaid ivory towers at the BBC. Get your heads from up your arses & grow some balls.
Don't you just love all these MP's now crawling from under their stones to support something they probably havn't heard before.
Thank you 6 music for for bands I otherwise would never have heard of & give me immense pleasure.
IP Logged

When i go I want to go like my Grandad...peacefully in his sleep.
Not like his passengers screaming & shouting "WAKE UP PLEASE!"
Vegi
Biggedybong God

BBng Birthday.  8/12/05.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27th, 2010, 1:39am »

I wish they would get rid of the GODAWFUL BBC 3,    
( Family Guy and American Dad excepted ) and keep 6music instead ( Even though i dont listen to it much )
IP Logged

Back from the BBNG Dead, for good,so look out
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

BiggedyBong Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.