BiggedyBong Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2017, 6:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
BiggedyBong Forum „How times have changed.„

BiggedyBong Forum
   biggedybong
   General Chat
(Moderators: Erotic_Baubles, Chaddy)
   How times have changed.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How times have changed.  (Read 341 times)
Erotic_Baubles
Admin

Will trade Fifa coins for food.

How times have changed.
« on: Nov 21st, 2009, 1:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.atomica.co.uk/shelters/main.htm

Home Orifice advice on how to build your own nuclear fallout shelter from 1981.(Great year that...) Fascinating stuff if a little puzzling.  

Say the USSR launched an attack on Blighty. Living not that far from RAF Fylingdales (early warning peeps) and RAF Menwith Hill (ssshh, they're listening), and RAF Leeming and RAF Linton-on-Ouse (Biggles) I would be somewhat close to a few choice targets. When exactly will I have the time to take 6 doors off their hinges, dig a trench, happen across some timber and carpet or plastic sheeting and build a bunker? Even Changing Rooms and Ground Force combined couldn't manage that in 4 minutes.

The cynic in me wonders was it more intended to distract us than give us an actual chance at surviving? In a time of crisis people would be panicking. Getting people to do stuff, however useful or useless, keeps their minds and bodies occupied. Of course the important people would have been safely underground long before any part of Yorkshire was obliterated.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

BiggedyBong Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.